Part of the comprehensive range of high-quality herb processing equipment from Alvan Blanch.
Plant Chopper, Herb Processing Plant – France
The compact self-contained unit comprises these features:
- Feed conveyor – PVC grip top belt – with independent drive and inverter for infinite variable speed control.
- Compressor rolls at end of belt for positive grip on crop as it is fed into rotor to ensure clean cutting.
- Cutting rotor with two hardened knives – adjustable fixed blade position to maintain precision cut.
- Stones roller protects belt from small stones about (about 5mm dia.) that could over wise jam between conveyor belt and cutting block.
- Tubular chassis with 2 x 80mm diameter castor wheels.
- Motors pre-wired to control panel.
The fresh crop should be evenly laid out on the feed belt, avoiding thick packets of crop, at the required depth. To maximise efficiency of manual handling, place a feed table at the start of the feed belt. The cut crop is then collected from under the discharge chute.
Depth of material is typically varied between 20mm (for drier/thicker stems etc) to 40 mm (most green plants). Outputs of 100kg/hr can be achieved with a bed depth of 20mm and a cut length of 50 mm. Deeper material and longer cut length will decrease capacity.
The Plant Chopper is to be used when fresh plant needs to be precision chopped, prior to drying. It delivers a clean cut and all material is a uniform size, this is essential if the crop is to be processed after drying by an Alvan Blanch Pneumatic Leaf Separator.
- For medicinal or aromatic herbs
- Capacity up to 2500kg/hour of fresh plant
- For Leaves, stems and small roots
- Capable of chopping whole plant including roots up to 15mm dia.
- Variable speed feed for convenient adjustment of cut length from 20-100cm
- Product grip design feature ensures a very clean cut
- Self contained unit – pre-wired to control panel
|Output from plant (Kg/hr)||Rotor Width (mm||Drive Feed (kW)||Rotor Drive (kW)||Weight (kg)|
|500 – 2500||500||0.38||2.2||400|
|Dimensions L x W x H (mm)||Discharge Height (mm)||Feed Height (mm)|
|2700 x 1050 x 1240||550||840|
Medicinal & AromaticHerb Processing Alvan Blanch are able to supply a comprehensive range of high-quality processing equipment for herbs and spices. Ideal for processing a wide range of plants for uses such as medicinal cannabis, teas, and spices.Medicinal...